Overview of steroid Dianabol
Dianabol – is an anabolic steroid that was synthesized in the 1960s. It was very popular and is used by many athletes in this day.
Like many steroids, methane was first used in the medical field (treatment of wounds and burns), but gradually moved to sports and completely “friended” it for its anabolic properties. Athletes who have tested this drug for the first time have significantly improved their results and success. He was quickly noticed by powerlifters, powerlifters, bodybuilders and other metal enthusiasts.
Against the background of protein stimulation, amino acid synthesis, fat-burning effect, increased anabolism increases muscle mass. The athlete hardens, his body recovers faster after intensive training.
In 1956 this drug was called Dianabol, it consisted of methandrostenolone. In 1960, the remedy was used by athletes involved in athletics.
In professional sports, John Ziegler suggested using it. The drug maintained its leading position in bodybuilding until the end of the 70s of the last century.
The production of Dianabol has been discontinued since 72, but nowadays other brands of this anabolic product have appeared. Previously, the drug was produced in Eastern Europe, the Soviet Union. Used by lightweight and weightlifting athletes.
Today, strict anti-doping rules prohibit the use of methandienone in professional sport.
Most bodybuilders who use it have gained 6-8 pounds in a month. Dianabol is without a doubt the source of the musculature of the main reference bodybuilder: Arnold Schwarzenegger. He especially liked to combine it with Primobolan Depot.
Dianabol has a half-life of 4.5-6 hours. The drug has moderate estrogenic effects and a weak conversion to a metabolite with more pronounced androgenic properties through the enzyme 5-alpha reductase. The benefits of Dianabol have made it popular among bodybuilders and athletes looking to gain muscle mass and strength.
Features and characteristics of Dianabol
Dianabol’s structure includes a 17-alpha methyl group. It is the C17 alpha alkylation that allows the oral use of this anabolic steroid with a very pronounced effect on the body. Due to this modification, the compound does not undergo significant metabolism in the liver and enough of the anabolic steroid enters the bloodstream to achieve all the effects corresponding to this group of drugs.
Another structural feature of Dianabol is the double bond between the carbon atoms at positions 1 and 2. This alteration gives the drug greater “gender” androgenic potency than its ancestor, testosterone. Due to this double bond, the drug has lower affinity for androgen receptors in various tissues than testosterone. Thanks to these structural changes, Dianabol’s half-life of 4.5-6 hours is longer than that of testosterone.
Another advantage of these chemical transformations is the drug’s lower affinity for certain proteins, including sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). These globulins bind to sex hormones such as testosterone, estrogen and others, temporarily inhibiting their activity.
The result of this process will be the formation of an inactive protein-hormone complex that circulates in the bloodstream: it cannot bind to receptors or become active and essentially useless.
These properties of Dianabol give it the status of a powerful anabolic agent. It should be noted that the interaction of methandrostenolone with androgen receptors is weaker than that of testosterone and other members of the steroid group, but this hormone has an increasingly stronger effect.
Therefore, most of Dianabol’s effects are thought to be non-receptor mediated. At the same time, as you know, the anabolic index of Dianabol is 100, unlike the testosterone index. Clearly, Methandrostenolone has dual anabolic potency, and this is due to the structural changes described above.
Steroid profile of Dianabol
Athletes who want to buy the drug in the form of tablets or capsules want to know about its main properties as the main representatives of ASA.
- It has 200% anabolic activity and 50% androgenic activity at the testosterone level.
- It can be detected in the blood structure within 5 weeks after taking steroids.
- Active working time in the body is limited to 4.5-6 hours.
- The main active ingredient tends to convert to estrogen, can cause water retention in the body and is toxic to the liver.
- Possible suppression of normal testosterone production. If the dose is exceeded or the course is postponed, side effects such as acne, increased pressure are not excluded, less often gynecomastia may occur.
Myths about Dianabol
There are myths about taking the Dianabol that we want to disprove:
- The tablet should be removed and not swallowed whole. The damage to the liver will be the same in both cases, but taking the pill will still cause less damage to this organ.
- Before taking the drug, it must be dissolved in vegetable oil, after which it supposedly enters the bloodstream through the intestines, and not through the stomach. The answer is the same as in the first case: it is not necessary, because everything in the structure of the liver is equal to blood. Therefore, you can take the tablet with water.
- According to the instructions, the tablet should be swallowed before the main meal. In practice, in this case, abdominal pain may appear, in order not to cause it, do not take the pill on an empty stomach. It is recommended to do this with food, in which case there will be only a slight delay in the process of absorption into the blood.